Please Note: The instructions below are for the GT Carousel module, which is no longer centrally-supported or -maintained. These instructions are provided to help users who still have this module on an older website. For further discussion, please see the community discussion on Drupal carousels.
- Navigate to "Content" > "Add Content" > "Carousel Slide."
- In the "Description" field, add a short description that will help you identify the slide when you need to find it in a list of other carousel slides.
- Typically, carousel slides link to a Web page. Enter the link label in the "Title" field. Enter the URL in the "URL" field. This step is optional.
- In the "Slide Title" field, enter a title for your slide.
- In the "Summary Sentence" field, enter a short blurb (think of it as a subheading).
- The "Slide Title," "Summary Sentence" and "Link Title" will be displayed together in a white box. From the "Title Placement" dropdown menu, choose whether you want this white box to show up on the left or right side of your carousel slide.
- The "Background Image" field is where you will upload your picture for the carousel slide. This step is optional.
- Optimum image dimensions are ~2000px wide by ~750px tall.
- Make sure it's optimized to be the smallest file size.
- Allowed file types: png, gif, jpg, and jpe.
- Select a "Background Color" from the dropdown menu. This color will only show up if you did not upload a background image.
This is what a slide looks like with a grey background and no background image:
- Click the "Save" button at the bottom of the page.